Amazon UK had its busiest ever day on Black Friday, the 28th November.
- More than 5.5 Million items were sold, which on average is 64 items per second.
- Last year Amazon UK sold more than 4 million items on Black Friday and 4.1 Million on Cyber Monday, which last year fell on the 2nd December.
- The peak shopping time was 08:29am and sales were led by the Black Friday Lightning deals on offer.
- Amazon has had to suspend its Prime 1 day delivery service due to the unprecedented demand with orders being delayed by 1-3 days.
- Amazon will also launch Cyber Monday deals today with hundreds more lightning deals every 10 minutes.
Xavier Garambois, Vice President of EU Retail at Amazon said “Ever since we introduced Black Friday to the UK in 2010, sales have increased year on year but this year really has surpassed all of our expectations”.