French cooperative InVivo has opened a new store concept called ‘Frais d’ici’ (Fresh from here) in Portet-sur-Garonne, France.
Features of the Store
- 2,500 SKUs, of which 70% are locally and regionally sourced.
- Fresh products account for 85% of the store’s sales
- Fruit & vegetables and deli foods account for 45% of sales.
- Exotic fruits, dairy, bakery and small dry grocery items make up the rest of the assortment.
- Products are often accompanied by a description of the local producer
- 550 square meters selling area featuring modern fixture and fittings
- Simple navigation
- Self-checkouts only
- A click and collect service will be introduced in 2015.
- High traffic location
- 250 to 500 customers a day
- Average basket value of EUR 26 to EUR 30.
- InVivo is targeting EUR 3 million in sales in the first year and EUR 4 million thereafter.
- The store operates on a margin of 26-27%.
The store leverages increased demand for local tastes and locally sourced products. The retailer is targeting up to 250 stores in the long term with the next opening planned for September 2015. InVivo is the leading cooperative group in France with sales of EUR 6.1 billion.