Kantar Worldpanel France released its latest market share figures for the four weeks period between 11th August 2014 and 7th September 2014.
- The grocery market registered a 0.3% decrease in consumer spending on fast moving consumer goods and self service products promoted in all channels: hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience and online.
- Intermarche registered the highest sales increase amongst the French grocery retailers by gaining 0.4 points and reaching 14.6% market share, having improved its shopper penetration, frequency and customer spending.
- Carrefour consolidated its market leader position with an increase of 0.2 points to 20.4% market share, mostly due to an increase of 0.2 points to 7.5% market share achieved by Carrefour Market. During the four weeks reporting period, Carrefour stabilized at almost 20% market share.
- E. Leclerc remains second in the French grocery retailers ranking, with a consolidated market share of 20.2%. The retailer has not improved traffic and shoppers’ loyalty and was affected by the decrease of shopping baskets value.
- Auchan, Casino and Cora stabilized their positions, at 11.2% market share, 11.4% market share and 3.9% market share respectively.