Kantar Worldpanel has released its latest market share for the period between 16th June 2014 and 13th July 2014.
- Spending on FMCG, fresh and self-service goods in French households increased 0.4%
- Average shopping basket decreased to EUR 28,8 EUR (a 40 EUR cents decrease year-over-year).
- Shopping frequency increased by 1.1% on average.
- E.Leclerc had the greatest increase in terms of market share (0.7%) resukting in 20.2% market share. This was driven by a growing attractiveness and loyalty amongst french shoppers.
- Carrefour grew 0.2% achieving 20.5% market share. Carrefour hypermarkets reached 10.7% market share after a 0.1% increase i, with a slight decrease in shopper numbers,.Carrefour Market reached 7.7% market share after a 0.1% increase, showing a sustainable and dynamic evolution through new shopper gains, but facing a fall in consumers’ loyalty.
- Groupe Delhaize, Intermarché, Auchan, Système U and Casino had a stable evolution in terms of market share.
- In terms of shopping places, the hypermarkets and online groceries have shown a positive evolution, whereas discounters were still in decline.