Tesco has strengthened is looking to strengthen its multichannel capabilities through the creation of a new team, Tesco Labs.
- The team comprises of researchers, designers and developers to develop new technologies based upon customer feedbacks to spot the future retail trends.
- Tesco labs have recently developed a concept application (app) for Google Glass and the Samsung Galaxy Smart watch.
- This app, primarily designed for ‘micro interactions’, enables shoppers to do their entire online grocery shopping.
- Other devices to come in a row includes ‘Internet of Things’ that enables ordinary devices at home (such as your fridge, oven or microwave) to connect with each other which tells - when products will be out of stock and needs to be ordered online.
- The retailer is also working in the 3D printing area that can print an edible cake topper, or a spare car part.