Sainsbury’s has rolled out its private label juice line with reduced sugar content, available from 18 June 2014. The retailer will extract 83.5 tonnes of sugar per year to reduce the calories level from its juice range.
- The new juice range which contains 30% less calories than normal fruit juice includes flavors such as Fruit Cocktail, Summerfruits, and Pomegranate & Blueberry.
- Additionally, the retailer will add new juice range with low sugar content in all 1ltr & 2ltr packs from next month onwards.
- As part of its 20x20 Sustainability Plan, the retailer will reduce salt, saturated fat and sugar content from its private label products.
- Also, it will display clear nutrition label on its products, which enable shoppers to make aware about their diet.
- Earlier, the retailer launched Cranberry juice with 30% low sugar content in June 2013 and used extracts from natural stevia leaf for sweetness.