Conad reported full year 2013 results for the period ending 31 December 2013.
- Sales increased 5.9% y-o-y to EUR 11,6 billion. Own label sales increased 15% to EUR 2,49 million during the year.
- The retailer closed 48 stores during the period, totaling 3,019 stores at the end of the period: 40 E.Leclerc Conad hypermarkets, 187 Conad Superstores, 936 Conad supermarkets, 893 Conad City, 717 Margherita Conad and 246 other stores.
- Despite the decrease in stores, Conad’s total selling area increased by 28,311 square meters to 1,750,643 square meters.
- In 2013 the retailer is part of CORE, a new purchasing group, after the dissolution of Coopernic.
- During 2014 the retailer aims to expand both organically or through acquisitions and also expand its private label assortment. The services will be expanded by increasing the number of fuel stations and drug stores.
- Conad reported to be on track with its 2012-2014 260 new stores openings objective. The plan recorded a slowdown due to payment discipline regulations imposed in Italy during 2013.