Asda reported a 1.6% decrease in its comparable sales for the third quarter (Q3) ended 30 September, 2014.
- Online sales grew 19.6% as a result of the expansion of its Click and Collect service.
- Opened 148 click & collect sites in Q3.
- Launched two new large store formats in Coventry and Grantham
- Asda’s market share increased 9 basis points to 17.6%.
Future Growth Initiatives:
Continued focus on Every Day Low Cost, Every Day Low Price (EDLC=EDLP) through sourcing direct relationships with International Procurement Limited (IPL).
- Since the acquisition of IPL in 2009, Asda has saved over GBP190 million
- Expects to operate around 600 Click & Collect sites by the end of FY 2014.
- Plans to launch automated Click & Collect pods, in Q1 2015, that can cater to 1,000 orders per week.